Wanted: An eLearning All-Star February 22, 2008Posted by B.J. Schone in eLearning.
Tags: eLearning, Jobs, Learning, LMS, SCORM
An opportunity has opened up for an eLearning Specialist at Ferrellgas in Kansas City. It’s a great position and Ferrellgas is an excellent company; if you’ve got the skills and you’re in the Midwest, you should take a look.
From the Ferrellgas Career Connection web site:
This position is responsible for creation of e-learning courses. The incumbent will produce highly complex training initiatives to be delivered online, through CD or in the classroom. This position requires a minimum of a 4-year degree, 5+ years of experience in training and development and 1+ year experience of e-learning development.
- Maintain LMS and other online tools.
- Research and recommend appropriate e-learning development software.
- Design engaging, interactive and effective instructional materials that can be used in a web-based, computer-based and/or distance learning format.
- Ensure the instructional integrity of course development projects through defined standards, systematic design and clear, concise writing of scripts, narratives and storyboards to ensure continued quality and speed of delivery.
- Produce highly complex training initiatives to be delivered both online, through CD or in the classroom. These programs will prepare employees to provide exceptional customer service, promote Ferrellgas products and services and operate company systems and software applications.
- Plan projects and establish schedules for projects with aggressive deadlines.
- Create and execute test plans.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the curriculum by creating and implementing measures to track outcomes and to ensure alignment with business objectives.
- Communicate frequently and effectively with Manager to ensure that goals and objectives are being achieved.
- Partner with and maintain strong interaction with subject matter experts and other team members.
- Other job related duties and projects as required.
Ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum 4 year degree, preferably in Graphics, Interactive Media Design, Instructional Design, Communications, or Organizational Development.
- 5+ years experience in training and curriculum development.
- Minimum of 1 year of e-learning development experience required.
- Experience in project management, training, and curriculum development preferred.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills required.
- Applicant must be energetic, reliable, creative, deadline-driven and able to multi-task in a fast-paced team environment.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package, Employee Stock Ownership Plan, and bonus program.
To learn more, go to the Ferrellgas Career Connection site and click Corporate Opportunities.