Micro to Macro December 23, 2008Posted by B.J. Schone in eLearning.
Tags: Design, eLearning, InstructionalDesign, Learning, Training
Over the past two years, I’ve seen my focus change. Now I’m much more interested in the bigger picture, and I approach situations with a macro view instead of a micro view. I now see greater value in relationships and networking both inside and outside of our company. I spend more time cultivating relationships with other departments, because I see the connections and potential synergies more clearly. I’m learning that the people side of the equation is just as complex (if not more) than the technology. Who knows – maybe it’s the end of the year that has me reflecting on things, but I’m now much more focused and determined to make a bigger impact.
Here’s how I see it:
Where I’ve Been
- Web site development / web application development
- eLearning course development
- eLearning vendor management
- LMS / learning system administration
- eLearning 2.0 / social learning / general learning solution design and development
Where I’m Going
- More eLearning 2.0 / social learning / general learning solution design and development
- Team / department strategy planning
- Enterprise strategy planning
- Learning and development management
- Executive-level learning and development leadership (CLO?)
The blog posts I write on eLearning Weekly may evolve similarly as my career (hopefully!) progresses, but I’ll do my best to keep the content relevant/helpful for a wide audience.
Have you had a similar progression in your career? Or can you share thoughts, tips, or tricks along these lines? I’d appreciate your feedback…