LearnTrends 2009 Video Archive Available November 27, 2009Posted by B.J. Schone in eLearning.
Tags: Conferences, eLearning, InstructionalDesign, learntrends, technology, Tools, Training, Web 2.0
Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to attend the LearnTrends 2009 Online Conference, but I heard great things about it. Fortunately, I ran across a video archive of the conference, thanks to a blog post by George Siemens. (LearnTrends was sponsored by Jay Cross, Tony Karrer, and George Siemens.)
There are tons of other details about the conference here, and you can get more info about LearnTrends on these social networks:
A Case Study of Micro-Blogging for Learning at Qualcomm November 19, 2009Posted by B.J. Schone in eLearning.
Tags: Conferences, Design, Development, DevLearn, DevLearn2009, dl09, Learning, qualcomm, technology, Tools, Training, Web 2.0, Yammer
Below are the slides from my presentation at DevLearn 2009. I co-presented this session along with my colleague, John Polaschek. The presentation had two main areas of focus:
- How micro-blogging can be used to help facilitate discussions and knowledge-sharing between employees
- How Qualcomm is using Yammer to help employees connect across divisions and geographic regions
I hope you enjoy it, even though you won’t have our charming personalities to accompany the slides! 🙂
Please leave a comment if you’ve worked with micro-blogging at your organization. I’d be curious to hear how it’s going and any tips you can provide to others. Thanks!
Last-Minute DevLearn Tips and Suggestions November 8, 2009Posted by B.J. Schone in eLearning.
Tags: Design, Development, DevLearn, DevLearn2009, dl09, education, eLearning, technology, Tools, Training
1 comment so far
DevLearn 2009 begins this coming week in San Jose, CA, and I thought I’d write a quick post containing tips and suggestions for both attendees and people who wish to participate remotely.
To track all things related to DevLearn, you’ll want to:
- Watch Twitter for all messages tagged with #dl09, devlearn, etc.
- Check WordPress for blogs mentioning dl09.
- Keep an eye on Flickr for all photos tagged with dl09.
- …and most importantly, keep checking back here! I plan on blogging as much of the conference as possible.
Here are a few other helpful links:
- How to Get the Most Out of a Conference
- Posts from DevLearn 2008
- Brent Schlenker’s blog, Corporate eLearning Strategies and Development (lots of good DevLearn info here)
As I mentioned in a previous post, I will be presenting two sessions at DevLearn (one on micro-blogging and one on WordPress). Please drop in if these topics interest you. I’m always happy to continue discussions after the presentation as well, so don’t be shy!